Bike Bonaire – Mountain Bike & Cycling Trail Info, Guides and Tour Operators
Official cycling and mountain biking routes on the island are marked with blue stones. For a little more detail on Cycling routes in Bonaire, outside of Washington Slagbaai National Park, read on…
Local Tour Operators are listed below…
The Rincon Valley (North end of Bonaire, just south of Washington-Slagbaai National Park)
Dos Pos Trail
- 3 miles (4.5km) off-road loop. Park at the Echo Dos Pos Conservation Centre parking lot, then follow the signs north to loop around the rural community of Dos Pos and along the boundary of Washington Slagbaai National Park for views of Goto Meer Lake.
- 7 miles (11km) partial loop. Park at the Echo Dos Pos Conservation Centre parking lot, then follow the markers east to a northbound cross-county loop around Kunuku House and the Grandi Dam on roads up to the entrance to Washington Slagbaai National Park and back the the Conservation centre on off-road tracks.
West Coast / Rincon Trail
- 15 miles (24km) loop. Starting from Harbour Village Marina, 2 miles (3km) north of Kralendijk, head north along the coast to Playa Frans then inland to Rincon and back. This route takes you on mostly flat paved roads along with the occasional dirt track with optional spur routes.
Bara di Karta Region (Just a few miles / kms east of Kralendijk)
- 7.5 to 12.5 mile (12 to 20 km) depending on what combination of the 4 optional loops you choose to take to the centre of the island. The starting point is about 2.5 miles (4km) west of Kralendijk, just west of the lagoon on Kaminda Lagun road. Follow the blue markers on the mostly off-road circuit. The northern-most loop has access to Bara di Karta, a small (200 feet / 60m) hill with surprisingly spectacular 360 views of the island.
- 3.5 mile (5.5km) trail made for mountain biking. The route takes you through desert like terrain, has a small loop and views of the Lagoon and Atlantic Ocean. The route starts about 5 miles (9km) west of Kralendijk, just west of Plantation Washikemba.
Tras di Montaña
- This 4 mile (7km) road circuit loop is actually just north of the Bara di Karta region. The start of the route is south of the Botanical Gardens and the circuit passes more than a dozen attractions along the way.
Other Cycling Trails on Bonaire (Starting from Harbour Village Marina, 2 miles (3km) north of Kralendijk)
Saru Largu Hill
- 7.5 mile (12km) mainly dirt roads loop north-east of Kralendijk, taking you by a small (410 feet / 125m) hill that provides surprisingly good scenic views of the island
East Coast Loop
- 22 mile (36km) cross island circuit is mostly flat, although you can stop at a small (370 feet / 110m) hill known as Boca Olica Cliff that offers nice views. This route has two options: A small loop to the east coast and back; or a large loop that follows the east coast for 4 miles (6km) before heading back to the west side of the island.
Lagun and Cai Loop
- This 21 mile (35km) route takes you south into Kralendijk before heading east on a large dirt road loop that includes a stretch near the east coast and features a spur trail that takes you down to the town of Cai, on Lac Bay Lagoon. This is a great spot to view the mangrove lagoon as well as the Atlantic Ocean.
- This 25 mile (40km) route travels all around the southern peninsula of the island on a flat / paved road that has many attractions (slave huts, salt works, Lac Bay Lagoon and more). The circuit loops back to the west coast at Lac Bay.
To Cycle in Bonaire, these local Tour Operators will take good care of you (Click on a Tour Operator name below for more details):
- Flow Bonaire
- Custom Guided Cycling Tours
- Bonaire Off-Road Adventure Tours
- Goto Lake Biking Adventure
- Bicycle Rentals (Available by the Day or Week)
- Bonaire Tours & Vacations
- South Electric Bike Tour – Half Day South Island Ride
Back to Bonaire Vacations
Back to Adventures & Activities in the Caribbean
Back to the Home page