Waterfalls of Jamaica – Locations, Guides and Tour Operators
A great way to explore Jamaica is to visit her waterfalls – Excursions usually involve a short hike to the falls, where you can cool off under a Caribbean stream of water!
The best locations for wet and wild waterfall experiences in Jamaica:
- YS Falls, located in the south-west part of island between Negril and Kingston features a spectacular seven-tiered cascading waterfall
- Also enjoy wading pools (one with a rope swing), exciting canopy rides, river tube rides, and a zip-line
- Mayfield Falls can be found nestled in the Dolphin Head Mountains, on the west end of the island between Negril and Montego Bay
- Take a short hike along a bamboo stairway, across manicured lawns and a wooden bridge to a Rasta village (Reggae Style Mayfield Village)
- A guide will accompany you along the snaking river so that you can enjoy a number of mineral pools, the waterfalls along as well as taste local foods.
- The most iconic tourist attraction in Jamaica is of course, Dunn’s River Falls (just west of Ocho Rios). Although it’s always crowded with tourists, this is a beautiful area.
- Join hands with others and walk part-way up the 600 feet (180m) tall gorgeous waterfalls on it’s natural calcium carbonate based steps.
- Less visited waterfalls in the east end of Jamaica include:
- Reach Falls – Just under an hour east of Port Antonio. This hidden gem has been featured in a couple of major movies.
- Somerset Falls – Less than 1/2 an hour west of Port Antonio. These falls are situated in a natural garden with ponds.
- Tacky Falls – Just under an hour east of Ochos Rios. Located in a private, somewhat un-maintained private area
- Scatter Waterfalls – Located in the Rio Grande Valley south of Port Antonio. Private grounds with several trails and a campground
- Reggae Falls (Damhead) – About 2 hours east of Kingston. A large old / abandoned hydro dam.
Be safe and sure with a local guide or tour operator
Tour operators or local Guides are recommended for most waterfall adventures.
add Hiking specific Tour guides / operators… Hotels etc… with links! Regional if appropriate
Back to the Jamaica Vacations
Back to the Caribbean Adventure Experiences
Back to the Home page